Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!



















Merry Christmas to all of our friends and family who follow our blog! This year was a great Christmas and also a little significant. This will be our last year without children in our family. We are really looking forward to beginning the next chapter in our lives. After May 20th our lives will be officially dependent on the life of our little human being! How amazing the journey is going to be!

We started off the Christmas season by first celebrating a week early with my Dad and Barbie. We went to dinner and later over to their house for presents and dessert. The boys were quite happy with their gifts as well as the girls...perfume!

The following week one of my best friends and I made Christmas cookies together. I have to agree with her...I don't care if I see another Christmas cookie for a long time! We did have a great time though. Let me just say, next year I will not attempt the hardest fudge recipe ever. I think it is a wise idea to try simple fudge. I almost had to replace her pot I used. Thank god she was able to get the solid, science experiment out!

Christmas Eve is always one of my favorites and we always spend it with Matt's family. It is a full house of laughter and loudness. This year I was introduced to the families competitive side. I think it may have been Eric or Danny's idea to play SPOONS! Either way, I thought without a doubt, I would have a chance. Yeah right! Aunt Cathy almost threw me down in the first round. My hand is still bruised...just kidding...shhh! I decided for the safety of my baby, I better not play since these Mahoney's take their game very serious. I wanted to post some pictures just so you could see what I witnessed. You will see Colleen in one (or her rump anyway) and yes she is on top of Roger (not her husband) fighting for a spoon. You will also see Cathy pouting after she lost. Let's just say the game ended with spilled red wine!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley I really like your blog. I must say this is way better than facebook in my opinion. Well it is 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday 1/5/11 and still anxiously waiting for Baby Mason. Ami should be calling anytime to let us know if she gets to go to the hospital today to start the wonderful journey of delivering Baby Mason. Can't wait.
    You are blessed with such a wonderful family. I'm glad you got out of the spoons game as we know it moves quite quickly. But you sure got some great pictures of that Mahoney side.
    And the boy girl party was great especially when your Dad walked in with the pink bow around his head. OMG!
    Anyways, I think 2011 is going to be a wonderful new year for all of us!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete