Thursday, April 14, 2011

Occupational Hazard---35 weeks

Well, I have made it to my last week of work...phew! Let me tell you it didn't get started off to well. On Tuesday I was working at Miller (Carol's school), when at the end of the day, out of no where, a soccer ball came flying and slammed me in the stomach. Needless to say, it knocked the wind right out of me! With that being said, you know what came next...tears! I was so scared for Owen. I went straight to Carol's office and she called the doctor for me. I immediately rushed to see him and was placed on the fetal monitor. In the meantime, Matt was conveniently driving out of town for a work meeting.

After being monitored and assured that everything looked good, I left. Still a little shaken, but much more comfortable. So the next day (Wednesday) was my actual doctors appointment, which Carol accompanied me too, since Matt was still out of town. Lying there with the fetal monitor strapped to my growing belly, I started to feel some discomfort. Carol asked me if he was moving a lot because she had noticed the change in his heart rate. I said I had some lower pressure, but assumed it must have just been his head. Come to find out I was actually having contractions and they were occuring quite regularly. Let me just say that text message definitely got Matt's attention. After being on the monitor for quite some time, the Doctor gave me a shot to stop the contractions. They quickly subsided and he checked a few other things (????) just to make sure labor wasn't around the corner. He also advised me what to do if I were to feel the contractions come back, since it still isn't the ideal time for Owen to be delivered.

I came home feeling grateful that Carol was there with me, but feeling sad and lonely to not have Matt near me. I prayed for his safe return and hopefully not for a midnight trip to the ER. Well...we made it through the night and I felt good today. So we are back on schedule for our appointment next week. I will keep you posted and will also post the new 3D's that Esther spoiled Carol and I with! Owen was not shy this time, but he still loves his hands by his face (sounds like dad already)!

1 comment:

  1. Of all the bad luck you getting hit with a soccer ball. I know that had to be very scairy. Actually, you look like you are carring a little soccer ball. You look very cute and healty pregnant. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete