Monday, March 28, 2011

Presenting...Owen!

Well, here he is...!!! This is the miracle that has been growing for 8 months inside of me. It was so great to get this ultrasound today. Matt and I were really looking forward to getting to see how much he has changed. It is unbelievable how he went from looking like an alien to a bundle of love that we can't wait to meet. After having the ultrasound it almost makes the waiting even harder. According to his measurements, Owen is already 4 pounds and is still expected to be due May 20th.

Although, that will not be the case according to our doctor. At 35 weeks I will have my blood drawn again to check my liver levels and begin seeing the doctor twice a week for non-stress tests. Ultimately, it would be ideal to not have to be induced because the risk of c-section is higher, but we will do what has to be done. If everything goes as planned, and I don't have any complications or start labor on my own, 38-39 weeks delivery is planned. Which means only 6-7 more weeks! Yikes, but so exciting for us! Tonight Grandma Carol, Grandma Jeannie, and Grandpa Mike stopped by to meet their newest grandson. We also watched the DVD from our ultrasound. So much to look forward to in the future! I am already so proud to show him off. He looks adorable to me, of course. I don't know who he looks like, but it seems that the consensus is Matt. Which of course I think is great, but didn't I have something to do with this???? Such a sleepy guy! He really tried hard to hide from us! Esther (our friend and u/s tech had to really work hard to get him to move his hands and FEET away from his face)!! He is a stinker already, but a flexible one at that.

1 comment:

  1. He is already beautiful to us too. We can't wait to hold and see the little bundle of joy. It is going to be so neat watching him and his cousin "Mason" grow up together. And it is going to be wonderful watching both you and Matt become such wonderful parents. This will now make our family complete. We are so happy and such PROUD GRANDPARENTS. Grandpa and I can't wait to take them camping (of course when they get a little bit older) We just can't wait another little bundle of joy from "heaven"
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete