Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 25---Cholestasis!

Well, there is an end in sight to all of this itching! Now I know I am not losing my mind, even though I feel like I am. I was diagnosed last week with a condition called Cholestasis. Basically what it is, is a condition in which the bile from the liver is blocked. This is a very uncommon liver disease and usually appears in the third trimester. Only 1 out of 1,000 pregnancies result in this condition and guess who got it...ME! Good news is, we caught it early and now I am being treated with medication. According to my doctor this condition now classifies our pregnancy as high risk. Not to worry, we will be monitored very closely and should have no problems having a safe delivery. Another bright side to this is, we will get to meet Owen somewhere around 37 weeks! Which means more time for me to stay home with him. In the meantime, I am lacking sleep since my itching seems worse at night. I am hoping the medication will soon help to relieve some of the itchiness!

By the way did I mention Matt and I chose a name...Owen James Mahoney!

No comments:

Post a Comment