Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Mason!






Mason Anthony Padilla was born Friday, January 7th at 1:58 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 20 inches long. He is a beautiful baby boy with tons on black hair. I am the proudest auntie in the world. It was so amazing to meet him when he was only minutes old. Thank you Ami and Tony for letting me be a part of your birth experience. I have to say, my sister is one strong woman. Not only during her pregnancy did she hardly ever complain, but during labor she never shed a tear. After witnessing her labor I have to admit, I am a little scared, but I know it will subside.

Mason was one week overdue, but was very ready to join the world. Ami was admitted to the hospital Thursday evening to be induced. Once checked in, her doctor believed she would not deliver until the following day. She was only dilated to a 1 and having minor contractions, which she could not yet feel. Well, that situation quickly changed. Once she had received the pill to begin inducing labor she was placed on oxygen. Reason being, the babies heart rate was deceling. The extra oxygen would make sure the baby received what he needed. Ten o'clock p.m., Ami was snug as a bug and preparing to sleep the night away. Tony had been delivered a cot so he too could stay with her.

Eleven o'clock p.m., "Ashley...Ami's water broke! Tony called and he said it is time for us to come to the hospital. See you there." (Mom) I sprang from the couch ran into our bedroom and woke Matt up. I quickly gathered my clothes, brushed my teeth, packed some snacks, and ran out the door. When I entered the labor and delivery room, Ami lay there with her whole body quivering. Now this was scary. I had never seen someone shake so bad, especially Ami (woman of steel). The nurse assured us this was normal and would go away once she received her ITN. Contractions were 1 minute apart, but were increased to 2 minutes apart once they gave have her some medicine to slow the contractions. She was only dilated to a 3 at this point and not yet ready to deliver. The babies HR continued to decel and mom's contractions began coupling. After trying several positions and the ITN beginning to where off, the decision was made to do a cesarean.

Shortly after, baby Mason arrived. Tony and Ami did a wonderful job and I am very proud of how strong they have been. They are going to be wonderful parents. Matt and I have so much to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Ami and Tony! What a handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Ami, way to go being a super woman. I bet you are one proud Auntie Ashley. It's the best being an auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a great time! Ami finally got some sleep last night...PTL!

    ReplyDelete