Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mr. Owen---3 Months

Preparing for Fantasy Football
3 Month picture with Lucy
Buddies: Tanner, Owen, Karter
Lunch in the vineyard
Tummy time


Milestones:
-Current weight as of Aug. 1st, 12 pounds, 8 ounces, 24 inches (these are my own measurements and he was fully clothed when I weighed him).
-Eats 5 1/4 ounces every 3 hours and SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!
-Has discovered his hands and loves to suck on them.
-Smiles a whole lot more and loves to be talked to.
-Developing a much stronger neck and is working on being able to hold his head up.
-Doesn't "love" tummy time, but has to do it.
-Has started turning over on his side in his pack and play and when napping on the couch.
-When he cries it sounds like he is saying, "momma, momma!"
-Still having some difficulty going "poopy" regularly.

Month 3 has been a great experience with Owen! He is such a fun loving and sweet little boy. He has definitely developed his own personality. This month we have been trying new things with him like going swimming for the first time and spending more time in the water when taking a bath. I really want him to get used to the water and enjoy his bath time. So far, he is hanging in there.

Month 3 is a little hard for me because I am going back to work on the 15th, which means I am going to be missing Owen. Thankfully, my mom will be watching him Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and the other 2 days he is going to Marian's Children's Center. He will be going to "school" with Mason and I know he is going to love it (I am trying to convince myself). It makes it easier sending him there knowing that his lead teacher was also my preschool teacher. I will be returning to work at Battles as a teacher tutor. I am so lucky because this year I will be teaching my own 2nd grade, Language Arts group. I will be working a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes a day, which is just enough time for my little man to be away from me. I am looking forward to my new job and I know it will bring better opportunities to our family in the future.

Matt and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on August 1st. We celebrated by going to dinner at Rosa's, while Grandma and Grandpa Mahoney watched Owen (thank you!). It is nice knowing you can get away for a little bit and know that your child is in good hands. With that being said, we received a very nice bottle of champagne for our wedding, which we still have not drank. So I put in the refrigerator 2 weeks ago thinking that we would have drank it by now, but it is still there! Someone told me champagne is like white wine, you don't want to wait to long to drink it. So hopefully, we will try it this weekend. I guess you can tell we aren't big champagne drinkers!

Matt is crazy busy at work and preparing for harvest! He is battling a huge mildew issue, which has blanketed the whole central coast. Every day he comes home and tells me about it. To make matters worse, we have not seen sunlight till about noon each day. Becoming vineyard manager with out and assistant is not the easiest job in the world, but I know he will make it work! Owen and I are really going to miss him when harvest starts!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment