Monday, June 20, 2011

Poop, toot, burp! 4 weeks! (6 weeks, almost 7 by the time I wrote this blog...oops!)

6 Weeks old! Yes, he is Mommy's little boy!

First trip to Avila Beach! Notice Lucy in the background.

Meething Thing 1,2,3,4! The Guerrero's!

Owen and cousin Mas! "Hey bud...!"

4 Weeks old! "Someone please tell me why I can't poop!"

I never would have thought I would be so proud to have my son poop, toot, and burp. It is the little things in life that make us smile! Owen has had some trouble with pooping regularly these days. It seems it runs (or doesn't run) in the family! Day 4 still no poop for little Owen! One nervous Mommy took him to the doctor thinking he might get a suppository, just to find out that I needed to give him some juice and water. Well, just as nature would have it...Little Owen relieved himself that afternoon. Let's just say...Grandma Lambert was here for the arrival and waited to see the delivery! Owen was one happy boy after being cleaned up! Grandma Carol also made me aware that Owen's Daddy also struggled with defecating as a youngster...once went 9 days! I can only imagine!

At Owen's 4 weeks appointment he weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and was 20.5 inches long! Yay, Owen...he has gained almost 2 pounds since birth! Owen is currently drinking 3.5 ounces of formula every 3 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night. Yes, it is true...FORMULA! I gave breastfeeding/pumping my best shot. I just have to say mother nature didn't intend for me to milker. I endured 6 weeks of blisters and bleeding for this little angel and I don't regret a second of it, but I am much happier now knowing that I don't have to sit on my bed every few hours and be disappointed to only see an 1 ounce or 2 ounces below me. I am hoping baby #2 will have better luck( Don't worry folks...not for a couple more years!)! Breast milk or formula...Owen is a happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment